Thursday, September 3, 2015

TIME TO GNOME!

Once again, time flies!  


I can't believe how long it has been since I've blogged!  It looks like it has been two years!  I was introduced to the Periscope app. within the last two weeks and I'm loving it!  I met a broadcaster named Scott from Taking the Florida Plunge.  He was doing a broadcast called #ScopeForGood.  It was all about "paying it forward".  I liked the idea a lot and decided to piggyback off of the good he was doing.  

Now for my take on the idea.  Last year, I gave each of my three children a gnome for Christmas. They were to compete against each other in several different categories like most creative picture with the gnome, best photobomb with the gnome, best short video with the gnome, etc.  (I'm anxiously waiting to see what those gnomes are up to!)  I thought I could expand on the theme and #GnomeForGood.  I will do random acts of kindness and have the gnome be the "giver".  I started the process this evening and couldn't believe the response.  I posted a status on my Facebook page, Mother Gnomes Best, that said once I reached 50 likes, I would donate $50.00 to the Women's Resource Center of Racine Co., WI.  Within a couple of hours, the challenge was met!  I will be donating the money to them tomorrow!  

In two weeks, we will be headed to Disney where we will be doing fun give-aways each day! If you have any suggestions, please comment below.  If you have something you would like to donate, please let me know that as well!  Many thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment