Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Recipe Time-Weight Watchers Pancakes

As I mentioned in my first post, I am (shhhhh) overweight.  I am trying to correct that and have lost 42.2 pounds so far this year.  (A great friend of mine, Patti, came to my 50th birthday party and she looked great.  She was my inspiration to lose weight and has made her lifetime goal.)  On my journey, I have expanded my recipe collection and will be sharing some of these with you from time to time.  This week was a big week for me, I tried three new recipes:  Weight Watchers Pancakes, Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole and Cilantro-Lime Rice.  All of them were delicious!

I'll start with the easiest one first.

WEIGHT WATCHERS PANCAKES

1 Weight Watchers smoothie packet, any flavor  (I used Creme Brulee--mmm!)
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Mix all three ingredients together and cook on medium heat until large bubbles form in the batter.  Flip and brown remaining side.  Yields:  2 large pancakes or three medium sized pancakes  Points:  3 for entire batch

Note:  I sprinkled lightly with powdered sugar and used a light syrup on mine.  I have also added a few chocolate chips to the batter.  Be sure to add points for any extras that you may include.

No comments:

Post a Comment