Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RECIPE TIME-DESSERT SOUP?

SEMI-HOMEMADE WINTER SQUASH SOUP

As I have already admitted, quick and easy is my mantra.  Undoubtedly, the easiest way to make soup is out of a can or box.  However, I do like my foods to taste a certain way. I have been trying new foods since I started WW and now I'm experimenting with squash.  I have made my Spaghetti Squash Casserole (see Sept. posts) several times and now I thought I would try a squash soup.  Last year, I made a WW squash recipe and it really lacked taste.  I experimented with adding several different ingredients and, fortunately, it turned out great.  The one I made last year took some time to make and I wanted to come up with something that was quicker.  As I do with all my new concoctions, my husband becomes my guinea pig.  He, too, enjoyed it but told me it wasn't a soup anymore; it was a dessert!  Below is my final product.  

Even with its rich and hearty flavor it is only 6 WW points+ for 3/4 cup.  

Semi-Homemade Winter Squash Soup

Ingredients

1 box Winter Squash Soup (Pictured below)
1 brick of Fat Free Cream Cheese
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar 
1 tsp. cinnamon

Pour soup into medium pot.  Heat through completely.  Blend in remaining ingredients.  Continue heating until butter and cream cheese are melted, stirring frequently.  (Just as I said, quick and easy!)

Note:  It will take some time for the fat-free cream cheese to melt.




No comments:

Post a Comment